Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Char’s Top Ten Series: Installment No. 5

I celebrated my 27th birthday yesterday. As I reflect on all that has happened since April 19, 2009, I think that the year I was 26 was one of the most challenging years I've had. I think of breaking my wrist in November and of learning the fate of our friend who was shot in May, and I know that, during the past year, I have faced both physical and mental stress in ways I never have before. There is a lot that I wish I could go back and redo or undo or...something. But there's also a whole lot that I wouldn't change for anything. And yesterday, as I turned 27, those are the things I wanted to think about - to celebrate. And so I will, with the latest Top Ten Installment.

THE TOP TEN THINGS THAT HAPPENED WHEN I WAS 26

10. I made a lot of new friends, and they've taken really good care of me.

9. I had several chances to share special moments with old friends – in Chicago, in New Orleans, in Naples, and in Key West.

8. I finished painting the rooms in my house, and then I vowed I’ll never do it again.

7. I found a church that I really like, and I’ve been going again regularly.

6. My parents, sister, and brother-in-law came to Florida for Christmas, and I hosted a holiday in my home for the first time ever.

5. I kept up my blog for the whole year, and a lot of people are reading it and supporting me.

4. I became a godmother to precious Natalie, AKA the most beautiful child in the world.

3. I “graduated” from physical therapy, after four months, 29 appointments, and 870 dollars.

2. Brandon bought me a diamond and a pretzel, and he finally proposed.

1. And I discovered the chicken-stuffed potato ball. Need I say more?

No comments: